Caribbean Roasted Cauliflower (plant-based, gluten-free)
It's winter in Canada, so I thought we could use a taste of the islands. This roasted cauliflower is smoky and delicious, paired lovingly with a herby, spicy dipping sauce. I got the idea from a chef in Saint Lucia. For today's inspiration, here is a proverb from that same island with the crystal blue waters:"Fè sa ki dwèt pa sa ki ézé"Do what is right, not what is easy.Wishing you courage to do the thing you know you need to do today.I have your back.
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup plant-based mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp mustard (whole grain or dijon are best)
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp chili powder or paprika
- 1 tsp agave or maple syrup
- ½ tsp oregano
- ½ tsp basil
- ½ lemon, juiced
- Salt to taste
- Roasted seeds or fresh herbs
- Toss the cauliflower with the olive oil, smoked paprika, and salt. Spread evenly on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake at 350F for 20 minutes. It should still have a bit of crunch to it.
- In a medium bowl, mix all the sauce ingredients. Taste and adjust to your liking with extra salt, spice, or sweetness.
- Enjoy the cauliflower hot from the oven, dipped in the delicious island sauce!
6 thoughts on “Caribbean Roasted Cauliflower (plant-based, gluten-free)”
Facebook comment from Rebecca: Looks delicious.. ❤️
Facebook comment from Melissa: Wow! This is amazing.
Facebook comment from Virginie: YUM!
Instagram comment from Karen: What a deliciousness! We love this🙌❤️
Instagram comment from Char: Looks amazing!
Spicy, tangy, and vibrant!