Chocolate Blueberry Tarts (plant-based)
I've never paired blueberries and chocolate before, but I had some leftover chocolate buttercream and some frozen blueberries so I thought I'd give it a try! They were a big hit. The sweetness of the chocolate and the freshness of the berries balance very nicely. This recipe is part of the zero-waste, plant-based tea party I designed in honor of the Queen’s passing.I made these blueberry chocolate tarts, mushroom choux bites, lemon raisin scones and crispy tofu kale caesar ginger sandwiches – using only ingredients that I had leftover in my fridge or freezer.This was the final challenge in the very first season of the Great British Bakeoff, which I am following along and making all vegan.The Queen has been a deep source of inspiration and perseverance to me, so this tea party of tribute is a small token of my gratitude.I wasn't in the right country to stand in line to pay my respects, so I stood in my kitchen and baked instead, hoping that was enough.Wishing you all a beautiful day with many peaceful moments.Great British Bakeoff Vegan: Season 1, Episode 6 (Final Week), Showstopper
- Sweet shortcrust pastry recipe – https://maitricooks.com/2022/09/09/mini-chocolate-cream-pies-plant-based/
- Blueberry sauce recipe – https://maitricooks.com/2021/12/04/fluffy-apple-pancakes-21-of-1000-sustainable-food-experiments/
- Chocolate buttercream recipe – https://maitricooks.com/2022/09/14/triple-threat-chocolate-brownie-surprise-cupcakes-plant-based/
- Mix, chill, and blind bake sweet tart dough using this recipe. Or defrost and blind bake leftover dough. Set aside to cool.
- Boil then cool blueberry sauce using this recipe. Fill the tarts with the blueberry sauce and let them set.
- Mix fresh or defrost leftover buttercream from this recipe. Pipe on top of the cooled tarts in any pattern you like. Enjoy!
9 thoughts on “Chocolate Blueberry Tarts (plant-based)”
Facebook comment from Virginie: Yummy yum yummy yum yum!
Facebook comment from Rebecca: Beautiful and looks absolutely amazing and delicious…❤❤❤
Instagram comment from Evan: 😍😍
Instagram comment from Helen: So pretty 😍😍
Instagram comment from Cedric: Looking so good!!👏🔥
Instagram comment from Mina: Yummy 😋❤️❤️❤️
Instagram comment from Priya: This looks amazingly delicious!! Also love following GBBO and veganising! 😍
Instagram comment from Julie: Excellent 👏
Decadent afternoon treat!