Strawberry Rhubarb or Apple Pluot Crumble (plant-based)
- 3 apples or 1 bunch rhubarb, chopped
- 2 pluots or 1/2 pound strawberries, chopped
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¾ cup vegan butter or margarine
- ¾ cup coconut sugar
- 1 cup whole wheat or any other kind of flour
- 1 cup oats
- Mix all the fruit layer ingredients together and spread them into a greased 8×8" pan.
- Mix all the crumble topping ingredients together and sprinkle the mixture evenly over top of the fruit layer.
- Press down firmly to seal the fruit in and get a nice crunchy top layer.
- Bake at 350F for 45 minutes, until the edges are brown and the sauce starts to bubble.
- Cool for 5 minutes, then enjoy warm with a glass of plant-based milk or a scoop of non-dairy ice cream!