Pesto-Feta Swirls (plant-based)
Imagine a savoury treat, like a cinnamon roll, but filled with homemade pesto and feta.These pesto-feta swirls smell amazing as they bake, and taste even better.I hope you love them too!I made these as part of the showstopper challenge from the great British bake-off, season 1, episode 3. The task was to make a bread basket with 3 kinds of sweet rolls and 3 kinds of savoury rolls.The theme I chose was "favourite family flavours": chocolate babka, blueberry buns, sweet coconut rolls, mini pizzas, chana curry buns, and pesto-feta swirls. The other recipes are here if you want to give them a try.I LOVE making bread, so this was my happiest challenge so far.I made about a dozen of each and then picked the best ones for the pictures.Sooo we will be eating bread for quite a while…. Great British Bakeoff Vegan: Season 1, Episode 3, Showstopper
- 1 Tbsp active dry yeast
- 1 tsp coconut sugar
- 280-300 mL hot water
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 450 g flour
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- Storebought or homemade vegan pesto –
- Storebought or homemade vegan feta –
- In a small bowl, mix the yeast, coconut sugar, and 280 mL hot water to start. Let it sit for 5 minutes to bloom the yeast.
- Add in the olive oil, flour and salt. Mix to a ball of dough, adding a bit more of the water if needed. Knead on a lightly oiled board for 10 minutes until stretchy and smooth.
- Cover with a damp towel and let rise for about 1 hour until doubled.
- Punch the dough down, roll it out as big as you can, spread with the pesto and sprinkle feta over it, then roll it up and slice into 12 even rolls.
- Place the rolls on a parchment-lined baking sheet, cover with a damp towel and let rise for about 30-60 minutes until doubled.
- Bake at 350F for 35-40 minutes until golden. Cool on a wire rack and enjoy!
4 thoughts on “Pesto-Feta Swirls (plant-based)”
Facebook comment from Soulful: These look delicious 🤤
Facebook comment from Rebecca: Yummy😋
Instagram comment from dairyfreefoods: 😍😍😍
Kid favourite! 🙂