Kachamak Corn Porridge (plant-based, gluten-free)
Kachamak is a quick and comforting breakfast or side dish, inspired by a Bulgarian recipe. It's a savory cornmeal porridge, a bit like American grits or Italian polenta.I love the creamy simplicity in each spoonful.Today I am by the ocean, so let us turn there for inspiration:“ifthe oceancan calm itself,so can you.weare bothsalt watermixed withair.”― Nayyirah WaheedMay you have moments of calm on your path today.
- 1 cup water
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp plant-based butter
- ½ cup fine yellow cornmeal
- Tofu feta and/or garden herbs as an optional topping
- In a medium pot, boil the water, salt, and plant butter.
- Once it starts to boil, turn the heat down to medium, and whisk continuously as you slowly pour in the cornmeal.
- Continue to cook and stir for another 1-2 minutes until it is as thick as you like.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately, adding tofu feta or any garden herbs on top if you like.
2 thoughts on “Kachamak Corn Porridge (plant-based, gluten-free)”
Instagram comment from dairyfreefoods: Yum!! 😍😍
I want to melt into this!