Mom’s Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies (plant-based)
I always have the ingredients for my Mom's oatmeal chocolate chip cookies lying around. They’re chewy, warm, sweet cookies that can cheer anyone up, and the cookie dough is amazing too. We like to save some of the dough uncooked in the fridge to put on ice cream or just eat with a spoon sometimes. Plus because it’s vegan, you don’t have to worry about eating raw eggs. I decided to use this for my Great British Bakeoff signature cookies, where the brief was to bake cookies that match your personality. I make these often, and they're about the only kind of cookie I like. Maybe I'm warm and sweet too (and a bit chewy sometimes). 🙂For today's inspiration, I came across this quote:“The mind creates the abyss, the heart crosses it.”― Sri Nisargadatta MaharajMay your mental abyss seem not so vast today, possibly with the help of these delicious cookies!Great British Bakeoff Vegan: Season 1, Episode 2, Signature Bake
- 1 cup vegan butter or margarine
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- ½ cup soy milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ¾ cup flour of your choice (white, whole wheat, or gluten-free)
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 ½ cups rolled oats
- 1-2 cups dairy-free chocolate chips
- In a small bowl, cream margarine and sugar together with a fork. Gradually add the soy milk and vanilla extract and mix well.
- In a larger bowl, mix all the dry ingredients together well. Add as many chocolate chips as you like. I like my cookies very chocolatey, so I use about 2 cups of chocolate chips.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ones and mix until just combined.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto a parchment-lined baking sheet, or use an ice cream scoop, to make about 2 dozen cookies (feel free to save some cookie dough raw in the fridge or freezer too).
- Bake at 400F for 10-15 minutes, until golden brown, then cool on a wire rack. These freeze very well, and reheat nicely with 10-15 seconds in the microwave. Sooooo good!!!
Did you make this? Please let me know by tagging @maitricooks on Instagram and leave a rating in the comments below. Happy cooking, and lots of love!
9 thoughts on “Mom’s Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies (plant-based)”
Instagram comment from Amanda: These would be delicious!
Pingback: Japanese Menu: What We're Eating This Month - Maitri Cooks
Pingback: 9 Plant-Based Recipes for When You’re Feeling Adventurous – Sustainable Living Dojo
Instagram reply! @cafeh_girls says: yess :prayhands:
Instagram reply! @dojo_living says: awesome!! My kids would love those!
Instagram comment! @cafeh_girls says: OMG YUM 😀 😀 ! I made pumpkin spice donuts for Halloween 🙂
Instagram comment! @gourmetdreamshop11 says: Delicious!
Instagram comment! @alexandriathorsgard says: Looks so yummy :applause: :fire:
Instagram comment! @solmo_seamoss says: Perfection!! #support4support 100% VEGAN SUPERFOOD. #seamoss