African bean and tomato stew (plant-based, gluten-free)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- ½ onion or 2 green onions, chopped finely
- 1 tomato, chopped into small pieces
- 1 can white or red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a small pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Cook the onions for 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until they start to soften.
- Add the tomato, mix well, and cook for 10 minutes to soften the tomato.
- Finally, add the beans, salt and pepper, heat to warm through and serve hot.
- This recipe doubles nicely if you have more people to feed, and can be served with a side salad and your favorite bread.