Avena caliente (plant-based, gluten-free)
- ¼ cup rolled oats (gluten-free if desired)
- 1 cup water
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup soy milk
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 2 Tbsp coconut sugar (or more, to taste)
- Put all the ingredients in a blender, and blend until the oats have almost completely been dissolved into the liquid.
- Pour the mixture into a medium pot and cook it over medium heat, stirring frequently until it boils, then turn it down to a low simmer.
- Continue to stir it often. Simmer until it has been reduced to about 3/4 of its original volume, or to desired thickness. It should be drinkable but also thick enough to use a spoon, like a good milkshake.
- Serve hot and enjoy the warm tummy hug.