Gallo pinto (plant-based, gluten-free)
- 3 cups cooked, rinsed and drained beans (red or white)
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2 handfuls baby spinach, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pan, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion and stirfry for 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic, pepper, and oregano. Stir and cook for a few more minutes until the veggies start to brown.
- Mix in the chopped spinach and the cooked beans and rice. Taste and adjust for salt and pepper. Serve hot and enjoy!