Aush (plant-based chili-curry-pasta)
Imagine chili, curry, and pasta all coming together in a rainbow of flavors. All my favorite plant-based comfort foods in one dish! This was one of the best dinners I've had in quite a while, inspired by several Aush recipes from Afghanistan. Today's quote comes from Pema Chödrön:“The first noble truth of the Buddha is that when we feel suffering, it doesn't mean that something is wrong. What a relief. Finally somebody told the truth. Suffering is part of life, and we don't have to feel it's happening because we personally made the wrong move.”We don't need to blame ourselves for things that other people do to us. Experiencing abuse is not your fault. Letting go of the self-blame can start the journey of self-protection, self-love, and healing.
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp cumin
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 Tbsp oregano
- 2 Tbsp curry powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup plant-based ground meat or rehydrated TVP
- 1 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas
- 1 bunch kale or other greens, chopped
- 1 pound pasta
- 1 cup vegan sour cream
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion, stir frequently, and cook for 5 minutes to soften it.
- Add the mushrooms and cook for a few more minutes to gently brown the onions and mushrooms.
- Next, add the garlic, cumin, chili powder, oregano, curry powder, salt and pepper. Stir and cook for 2 more minutes to wake up the spices.
- Mix in the plant-based ground meat, crushed tomatoes, chickpeas, and chopped greens. Let it simmer while you cook the pasta in a separate pot of salted, boiling water.
- When the pasta is cooked and drained, pour the pasta and the sour cream into the pot with the chili-curry mixture, and stir it all together lovingly. Taste and adjust for salt and pepper. Serve hot and enjoy!
Did you make this? Tag @maitricooks on Instagram and leave a rating in the comments below. Lots of love!
1 thought on “Aush (plant-based chili-curry-pasta)”
Best dinner I’ve had in quite a while!