Easy Chocolate Mousse (plant-based, gluten-free)
This decadent chocolate mousse is full of rich flavor with only three ingredients: coconut milk, chocolate, and vanilla. It’s satisfyingly dark and creamy when you need a hit of chocolate, and it’s completely plant-based so no animals were harmed in the making of it. For today's inspiration, we look to Rumi:“Sorrow prepares you for joy. It violently sweeps everything out of your house, so that new joy can find space to enter. It shakes the yellow leaves from the bough of your heart, so that fresh, green leaves can grow in their place. It pulls up the rotten roots, so that new roots hidden beneath have room to grow. Whatever sorrow shakes from your heart, far better things will take their place.”May you find joy in your mousse and in your day. 🙂
- 1 can unsweetened coconut milk (not "light" coconut milk)
- 1 ½ cup semisweet or dark chocolate, dairy-free chocolate chips or chunks
- 1 tsp vanilla
- In a medium pot over medium heat, mix the coconut milk and chocolate together. Stir frequently for 10 minutes until the mixture is completely smooth, silky, and slightly thickened.
- Remove from heat, stir in vanilla, and let it sit for 5 minutes, then pour into individual serving bowls.
- Cover and refrigerate the bowls for at least 2 hours, or overnight, if you can stand to wait that long.
- Grab a spoon and dig into the decadence of your chocolate mousse!
Did you make this? Tag @maitricooks on Instagram and leave a rating in the comments below. Lots of love!
9 thoughts on “Easy Chocolate Mousse (plant-based, gluten-free)”
Instagram comment from Char: Looks amazing! Love that it’s only 3 ingredients too. Beautiful words as well. I needed those today. 💖
@Char I’m so glad! I needed those words too. Sending you a big hug. 😍❤️
Facebook comment from Colleen: As much as I need some chocolate mousse, I needed to read that quote more than anything. I’ve been struggling lately. ￼Thank you.
@Colleen I’m glad the quote was helpful, and I wish you ease and relief in your day today! ❤❤❤
Facebook comment from Linda: I tried them out for my book club, huge thumbs up!!! Turned out I didn’t have proper vanilla (the Mexican stuff didn’t cut it), so I sprinkled them with French flake salt that had grated vanilla bean in it. Thanks Maitri! The quote also was great! Shake it from our hearts!
Facebook comment from Ann: Thanks for sharing!
Facebook comment from Jennifer: Ohhhhhhhhh
That looks so yum!!!!
Facebook comment from Jean: So delicious
Love in a bowl! 🙂