Chocobanana Squares (plant-based)
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup bran or oatmeal
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 5 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 ½ cups dairy-free chocolate chips
- 4-5 ripe bananas (4 if using bran, 5 for oats)
- ⅓ cup vegan butter or margarine
- 2 flax eggs (each flax egg = 1 Tbsp ground flax seeds soaked in 2 1/2 Tbsp water for 5 mins)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, mix the first 6 dry ingredients plus chocolate chips together.
- In a blender, blend up the remaining wet ingredients and stir them into the dry just until combined.
- Grease a 9×13″ pan and pour the batter into it.
- Bake at 350F for 40 minutes, and enjoy! These squares are amazing straight from the oven, and excellent to freeze and reheat another day as well.