Banana Treat Muffins (plant-based, gluten-free)
Bananas and a chocolate, raisin, or walnut treat in a convenient portable muffin cup. What could be better? Thanks to Megan for this recipe. I was skeptical about using 4 bananas for one dozen muffins, but it really makes them so moist. Today's insight comes from my dog Cleo, who is sitting here on my lap shivering from fear right now. It's Monday, which means that people she doesn't know come and use loud leaf-blowers to clean up our street. Even though it happens every Monday, she's still scared every time and comes to find me.All she needs is a comforting lap to sit on and some soothing words, and gradually the shivers subside and she relaxes again. It's a good reminder that fear passes, so we can just be kind to ourselves when it arises and give ourselves soothing comfort until we relax again."Feelings come and go like clouds in a windy sky. Conscious breathing is my anchor." – Thich Nhat Hanh
- Oven temp 375F/190C
- 4 bananas, mashed
- ⅓ cup vegan butter or margarine
- ⅔ cup coconut sugar (optional)
- 1 flax egg (mix 1 Tbsp ground flax seeds with 2 1/2 Tbsp water and sit in the fridge for 5 minutes)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 ¼ cup gluten-free oat flour
- ¼ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup tapioca flour
- 1 cup your favorite treat (dairy-free chocolate chips, raisins, chopped walnuts, etc)
Prepare the batter
- In a large bowl, mix the mashed bananas, vegan butter, coconut sugar, flax egg, and vanilla.
- Stir in the baking soda, salt, and flours, followed by the chocolate chips.
- Divide the batter evenly into 12 lined muffin cups.
- Bake at 375F for 18-23 minutes or until the tops are golden and spring back when touched, and a knife inserted into the biggest muffin comes out clean (although it might have a bit of melted chocolate on it from all the chocolate chips in this batter!)
- Enjoy your banana chocolate chip muffins fresh from the oven or freeze for future enjoyment. Lots of love! ❤️
Did you make this? Tag @maitricooks on Instagram and leave a rating in the comments below. Lots of love! ❤️🤗🙏
2 thoughts on “Banana Treat Muffins (plant-based, gluten-free)”
Facebook comment from Evan: yum
Thanks Meggy, these are the BEST! 🙂