Banana Treat Muffins (plant-based, gluten-free)
- Oven temp 375F/190C
- 4 bananas, mashed
- ⅓ cup vegan butter or margarine
- ⅔ cup coconut sugar (optional)
- 1 flax egg (mix 1 Tbsp ground flax seeds with 2 1/2 Tbsp water and sit in the fridge for 5 minutes)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 ¼ cup gluten-free oat flour
- ¼ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup tapioca flour
- 1 cup your favorite treat (dairy-free chocolate chips, raisins, chopped walnuts, etc)
Prepare the batter
- In a large bowl, mix the mashed bananas, vegan butter, coconut sugar, flax egg, and vanilla.
- Stir in the baking soda, salt, and flours, followed by the chocolate chips.
- Divide the batter evenly into 12 lined muffin cups.
- Bake at 375F for 18-23 minutes or until the tops are golden and spring back when touched, and a knife inserted into the biggest muffin comes out clean (although it might have a bit of melted chocolate on it from all the chocolate chips in this batter!)
- Enjoy your banana chocolate chip muffins fresh from the oven or freeze for future enjoyment. Lots of love! ❤️