Old Faithfuls, aka Grandma’s Oatmeal Raisin Cookies (plant-based, gluten-free)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (gluten-free or wheat)
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 ½ cups gluten-free quick oats
- ½ cup raisins
- ½ cup canola oil
- 1 flax egg (1 Tbsp ground flax seeds soaked in 3 Tbsp water for 5 mins)
- ¼ cup soy milk
- In a medium bowl, mix the first 6 dry ingredients. Then stir in the oats and raisins.
- Add in the oil, egg and soy milk. Mix just until combined.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto a parchment-lined baking sheet to make about 18 cookies.
- Bake at 400F for 10 minutes, then remove from the baking sheet and cool on a wire rack. Enjoy any time of day for a healthy snack. These freeze very well too.