Creamy Caesar Salad Dressing (plant-based, gluten-free)
- 2-4 cloves garlic, minced (or 1 tsp garlic powder)
- ¾ cup cashews, soaked in hot water for 10 mins
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- 1 lemon, squeezed
- ½ cup water
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 bunch lettuce, washed, dried, and chopped into bite-sized pieces
- Any salad garnishes you like, such as dried cranberries, roasted almonds, or poppy seeds
- Soak the cashews in very hot water for 10 minutes. This will make them easier to blend into a nice, creamy sauce.
- Use your blender to chop up the garlic cloves with several high-speed pulses. Add in the soaked cashews, nutritional yeast, lemon, water, mustard, salt and pepper. Blend until the dressing is very smooth.
- In a large bowl, mix the lettuce with the dressing and toss well. Voila! Couldn’t be easier. Serve in lovely bowls and top with any fruit, nuts, or seeds you like. Happy lunching! 🥗