Beet Burgers (plant-based, gluten-free)
These beet burgers taste like you’re dining at a fancy restaurant, which isn’t possible in some cities right now during the ongoing pandemic. I chopped up the beet greens to throw into the mix, as well and lentils and rice, so it’s really a complete meal in one rose-colored package.For today's inspiration, here is some wisdom from the Dalai Lama in his new film Mission Joy:"We have a short lifespan. Let us make sure it is a meaningful life, not one that makes the problems on the planet worse…""There is a Tibetan saying, wherever you find love, that is your home."
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 cup cooked lentils
- 1 cup grated beets
- ½ cup gluten-free oat flour or almond flour
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp almond butter
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 bunch beet greens, chopped up
- ½ tsp salt
- Olive oil for cooking
- Gluten-free burger buns
- Burger toppings and condiments to taste
- In a food processor, blend together the rice, lentils, and grated beets until they’re about half-processed but still a bit chunky.
- Stir in the rest of the burger ingredients and chill the mixture in the fridge for 1/2 an hour to thicken it up a bit.
- Use your hands to shape the burger patties. Each burger will take about 1/4 to 1/3 cup of mixture.
- Heat a bit of olive oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Cook the beet burgers for about 10 minutes total, flipping them over once or twice until they’re as browned as you like.
- Serve hot on freshly toasted burger buns with salad on the side, and any fixings you like on top. Enjoy your culinary excursion to a fancy restaurant right from your own house! ❤️🤗
Did you make this? Please let me know by tagging @maitricooks on Instagram and leave a rating in the comments below. Happy cooking, and lots of love!
6 thoughts on “Beet Burgers (plant-based, gluten-free)”
Facebook comment from Mayta: That looks delicious 😋
Facebook comment from Louise: That sounds yummy and earthy. Made these babies and they were scrumptious
@Louise Amazing to hear!! 🥰
Instagram comment from Evan: 😍😍
Thanks Evan! 😍😍
Rich, nourishing, tasty, so good!