Easy Homemade Hummus (plant-based, gluten-free)
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas, drained
- ⅓ cup tahini
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 lemon, squeezed
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp salt (or more to taste)
- ½ tsp spices like oregano, paprika, basil, cumin (optional)
- 1-3 Tbsp water as needed for blending to happen
- Put the chickpeas, tahini, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic powder, salt, and any optional spices in a food processor.
- Blend until smooth, adding in 1 Tbsp water at a time if needed to make a nice, creamy hummus.
- Serve fresh with carrots, tortilla chips, or any other vegetables or dippable things you like.