Lentils & Greens with Goddess Dressing (plant-based, gluten-free)
There are a million ways to assemble a rice bowl, and this one is especially delicious. You cook lentils, rice, and celery together, top it with sauteed farm-fresh onions and greens, then drizzle with a divine vegan goddess dressing. It will help you feel amazing!For today's inspiration, here are the words of Nelson Mandela:“I am fundamentally an optimist. Whether that comes from nature or nurture, I cannot say. Part of being optimistic is keeping one's head pointed toward the sun, one's feet moving forward. There were many dark moments when my faith in humanity was sorely tested, but I would not and could not give myself up to despair. That way lays defeat and death.”May we keep moving forward and not give in to despair today. I hope you find moments of joy and fun in your day!
- 1 ½ cups dry brown or red lentils, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup dry brown rice
- 2 celery stalks with leaves, chopped
- 5 cups water or vegetable broth
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bunch greens (beet greens, bok choy, collards, kale, or chard)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Dried cranberries as garnish
- ¼ cup tahini
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 lemons, squeezed
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot, mix the lentils, rice, celery, and water, with salt and pepper if desired. Heat on high until it comes to a boil, then lower to a simmer until the rice and lentils are tender, about 50 minutes for brown rice.
- In a blender, mix all the dressing ingredients and process until smooth.
- In a large pan, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook for 5 minutes until it starts to brown, stirring often.
- Add the greens and cook for about 5 more minutes until the greens wilt but are still a bright green color. Taste and adjust for seasoning, adding salt and pepper if desired.
- Assemble your bowls: lentils and rice on the bottom, then a scoop of greens, then a generous drizzle of goddess dressing. Feel free to throw on a few cranberries for color if you like. Enjoy it hot!
Did you make this? Please let me know by tagging @maitricooks on Instagram and leave a rating in the comments below. Happy cooking, and lots of love!
4 thoughts on “Lentils & Greens with Goddess Dressing (plant-based, gluten-free)”
Facebook comment from Tessa-Marie: Healthy I want a taste
Comforting and nourishing!
Pingback: Nutritionally-Balanced Recipes to Keep You Happy and Healthy - Sustainable Living Dojo
Pingback: 9 Nutritionally-Balanced Recipes to Keep You Happy and Healthy – Sustainable Living Dojo