Canadian Hodgepodge Stew (plant-based, gluten-free)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 tsp each of oregano, garlic powder, and sage
- 2 cups chopped potatoes
- 2 cups cooked beans
- 2 cups chopped snap peas
- 2 cups chopped greens
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup unsweetened soy milk
- 1 squeezed lemon
- Dried cranberries for decoration
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium high heat, then add the onion, oregano, garlic powder and sage. Cook for 5 minutes until the onion is soft and translucent, then add the potatoes, salt to taste, and enough water to just cover them. Bring to a boil, then turn it down to a medium low simmer. Cook for 20 minutes or until the potatoes are tender to be easily poked with a fork.
- Add the beans, chopped up snap peas, and greens, then the frozen corn and soy milk. Mix thoroughly.
- Cook for a few more minutes to combine all the flavors, then serve your Canadian hodgepodge stew warm in individual bowls. Squeeze some lemon over top or decorate with cranberries or vegan parmesan. Enjoy!