Mac & Cheeze with Broccolini (plant-based, gluten-free)
This is a quick, easy, yummy dinner to throw together. You just toss some cashews and cheesy sauce ingredients into a blender, boil the pasta and broccoli in the same pot, and then mix it all together. Plant-based mac & cheeze is a new favorite at our house! It’s also comforting for people who used to eat dairy.Today's inspiration comes from the brilliant documentary I Am Greta. These quotes are by climate activist Greta Thunberg:"I have learned you are never too small to make a difference.""The moment we decide to fulfill something, we can do anything.""When haters go after your looks and differences, it means they have nowhere left to go. And then you know you're winning!""Right here, right now is where we draw the line. The world is waking up. And change is coming whether you like it or not."“You must take action. You must do the impossible. Because giving up is never an option.”“I’m not that special. I can’t convince everyone. I’m just going to do what I want to do and what will have the most impact.”"We can’t save the world by playing by the rules, because the rules have to be changed. Everything needs to change – and it has to start today.""Together and united, we are unstoppable.""I often talk to people who say, ‘No, we have to be hopeful and to inspire each other, and we can’t tell [people] too many negative things’ . . . But, no — we have to tell it like it is. Because if there are no positive things to tell, then what should we do, should we spread false hope? We can’t do that, we have to tell the truth."Cooking and sharing plant-based recipes is one small thing I can do to help. I know it's not enough though, so I'm learning what else I can do. What can you do today to help our beautiful planet?
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 cup water or vegetable broth
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- ¼ tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ¾ tsp salt
- 1 pound of your favorite gluten-free pasta
- 1 bunch baby broccoli or other greens, chopped
- Cover the cashews in very hot water and let them sit for 10 minutes to soften.
- Put the soaked cashews, vegetable broth, nutritional yeast, turmeric, lemon juice, paprika, garlic powder, and salt into your blender. Blend until the sauce is very smooth and creamy.
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil, then add in the pasta and broccoli. Cook for about 10 minutes or according to package directions, then drain the pasta/broccoli and return them to the pot.
- Pour the blender sauce onto the hot pasta. Stir it all together in the pot and serve immediately, topped with plant-based parmesan cheese if you like.
- Enjoy your bowl of plant-based mac & cheese, so easy and filled with love!
Did you make this? Please tag @maitricooks on Instagram and leave a rating in the comments below. Lots of love!
3 thoughts on “Mac & Cheeze with Broccolini (plant-based, gluten-free)”
Facebook comment from Tessa-Marie: My favourite is greens with creamy pasta
Instagram comment from Evan: 😍😍
The best comfort food dinner!!