Cauliflower Tikka Masala (plant-based, gluten-free)
We used to love the creamy curry-ness of a good chicken tikka, but now we're eating a plant-based diet. What to do? Fortunately, cauliflower came to the rescue! It's very comforting comfort food, and healthy to boot.For today's inspiration, I wrote this poem to help out a friend who was feeling like life was rushing by too quickly and she just wanted it all to stop for a minute…Stillness cannot exist without movementAnd movement has stillness in it as wellThey are not separate from each otherYour mind can be still while your body is movingYour body can be still while your mind is movingWe can invite more stillness or more movement as neededBut they are both always there as friends on our pathLike light and darkUp and downQuiet and loudLove and fear
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 tomato
- 3 Tbsp cashews
- 1 Tbsp apricot jam
- 1 lemon, squeezed
- ¼ tsp paprika
- 1 Tbsp curry powder
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 bunch chard or collard greens, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- If you're making rice to go with this dish, cook it now, using one part rice and two parts water, with a bit of salt.
- Put all the “Blend” ingredients in a blender and process until it makes a smooth simmer sauce.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium high heat, then add the onions. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the onions start to soften, then add the garlic and cook for 3 more minutes to start to brown the garlic. Next add the cauliflower, the greens, and the simmer sauce.
- Bring to a bubbly boil then turn the heat down and let it simmer for about 10 minutes until the cauliflower is soft and the flavors have all melded together.
- Serve the cauliflower tikka masala hot and enjoy the melting comforting sensation of filling your body with this healing treat of a meal. ❤️
Did you make this? Tag @maitricooks on Instagram and leave a rating in the comments below. Lots of love! ❤️🤗🙏
7 thoughts on “Cauliflower Tikka Masala (plant-based, gluten-free)”
This also works really well with leeks and yellow split peas (adding in as much water as split peas) instead of cauliflower. The blended simmer sauce is very versatile and so comfortingly delicious! 😉
Facebook comment from Nina: Wow.. I love it.
@Nina Thanks!! ❤️🤗🙏🎉
Facebook comment from Tessa-Marie: This looks delicious
@Tessa-Marie Thanks so much, hope you enjoy it! Wishing you a blessed day. 😍
My favorite way to eat cauliflower!
Pingback: Comfort Food Week: Recipes That Give You a Warm Hug – Sustainable Living Dojo