Easy Roasted Almonds (plant-based, gluten-free)
Sometimes you can take something unwanted and transform it into something that again has great value. That's what happened with these super easy roasted almonds! We had two giant bags of raw almonds from a past Costco run that weren't getting eaten. So I decided to salt and dry roast them, and now they're getting gobbled up like crazy. Perhaps we can transform other unused areas of our lives into something tasty and exciting too.For today's inspiration, I'd like to share an incredible poem I heard yesterday by Rainer Maria Rilke: Quiet friend who has come so far,feel how your breathing makes more space around you.Let this darkness be a bell towerand you the bell. As you ring,what batters you becomes your strength.Move back and forth into the change.What is it like, such intensity of pain?If the drink is bitter, turn yourself to wine.In this uncontainable night,be the mystery at the crossroads of your senses,the meaning discovered there.And if the world has ceased to hear you,say to the silent earth: I flow.To the rushing water, speak: I am.
- Oven temp 350F/175C
- 4 cups raw almonds
- 1 ½ Tbsp hot water
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- In a small bowl, dissolve the salt in the hot water. In a large bowl, measure out the almonds.
- Pour the salted water over the almonds and mix well to coat the almonds.
- Transfer the almonds to a parchment-lined baking sheet and spread them out to a single layer.
- Bake at 350F for 10 minutes, then give the almonds a good stir and bake for 10-12 more minutes.
- When they’re a nice roasty color but haven’t yet started to burn, take them out to cool. They won’t be crunchy when they first come out, but don’t worry – they crunch up amazingly as they cool.
- And that’s all there is to making roasted almonds! You can store them in an airtight container in the fridge for everyday enjoyment. Such a satisfying crunch in a healthy snack. ❤️
Fun tip: if you put your ear up to the roasted almonds as they’re cooling, you’ll hear an amazing sizzle-pop kind of sound. For a salt-free option, just leave the salt and hot water out and follow the recipe with the almonds and hot water. Did you make this? Tag @maitricooks on Instagram and leave a rating in the comments below. Lots of love! ❤️🤗🙏
6 thoughts on “Easy Roasted Almonds (plant-based, gluten-free)”
Instagram comment from @evancarmichael: It really is easy 😍
Pingback: Superfood Salad, Two Ways (plant-based, gluten-free) – Maitri Cooks
I love these almonds!
Pingback: Superfood Salad (plant-based, gluten-free) - Maitri Cooks
Pingback: 9 Budget-Friendly Recipes to Delight Your Family Without Breaking the Bank – Sustainable Living Dojo
Instagram comment from Evan: Yum <3