Detox Smoothie (plant-based, gluten-free)
I drink this detox smoothie most mornings now. It's a wonderful collection of superfoods that can clean out toxins from the body and leave the mind full of positive energy. As another boost to your day, here is an easy 2-breath exercise from Plum Village that brings me back to a calmer place of rest and healing: Breathing in, I know I am breathing inBreathing out, I smileBreathing in, I know I have a bodyBreathing out, I relax my whole bodyMay your smoothie and your breathing bring you a moment of peace today!
- 1 banana
- ½ cup frozen blueberries
- 1 orange, plum, a couple of prunes, or whatever other fruit you have on hand
- 1 tsp powdered greens e.g. True Greens, Amazing Greens
- 2 Tbsp non-dairy yogurt
- ½ cup soy milk
- First, gather all your ingredients together and put them lovingly into your blender. Then, enjoy all the colors and textures you have assembled.
- Next, blend your ingredients several times until the mixture is smooth. Pause to stir or add a bit more soy milk if the blender gets stuck.
- When it’s to your liking, pour into your favorite glass or mug. Finally, enjoy your detox smoothie!
Did you make this? Tag @maitricooks on Instagram and leave a rating in the comments below. Wishing you and your family a healthy, happy day with lots of love!
5 thoughts on “Detox Smoothie (plant-based, gluten-free)”
Instagram comment from @ig_live_with_angela: 💛
@ig_live_with_angela Thanks so much! 😍
I have this every morning for breakfast! 🙂
Pingback: Superfood Salad (plant-based, gluten-free) - Maitri Cooks
Pingback: Japanese Menu: What We're Eating This Month - Maitri Cooks