Umami Stirfry Sauce (plant-based, gluten-free)
- 3 Tbsp white miso
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar (or apple cider or rice vinegars)
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1 Tbsp tamari (gluten-free soy sauce)
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp powdered ginger
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- Stirfry veggies and olive oil
- In a small bowl, whisk all the ingredients together.
- In a large pan, saute a chopped onion in a bit of olive oil for about 5 minutes until it starts to brown. Add the rest of your veggies in order of how long they take to cook (peppers and mushrooms first, greens last).
- Once the veggies are just cooked but not too soft, add the sauce to the pan. Mix well and allow the sauce to thicken for 1-2 minutes, then remove the pan from the heat and serve your stirfry hot.