Chocolate Blueberry Avocado Cake (plant-based, gluten-free)
A super moist chocolate cake can also be healthy. This recipe uses blueberries and maple syrup for sweetness and avocado for softness. Along with a good dose of chocolate.The flours are a mix of chickpea and oat, with some ground flax seeds thrown in for good measure. The result is a delicious, decadent treat that you don't have to feel guilty about. 🙂Today I would like to express gratitude to my parents, who were so excited for my first cookbook that they bought the very first copy as soon as I announced it! My Mom taught me a lot of what I know about good cooking, and she also suggested that I mention different places to get the book in case people aren't in the US. So here are the links:You can find Plant-Based Love at amazon.com (US), amazon.ca (Canada), amazon.co.uk (UK), amazon.de (Germany), amazon.fr (France), amazon.jp (Japan), amazon.it (Italy), amazon.es (Spain), amazon.in (India), amazon.nl (Netherlands), amazon.com.br (Brazil), amazon.com.mx (Mexico), amazon.com.au (Australia).If you don't like Amazon or your country is not on this list, please comment below and I can send you a PDF version of the cookbook by email.With a heart full of gratitude for all you wonderful readers and my supportive parents! 🙂 I hope you enjoy this cake.
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 2 medium avocados, mashed up
- 2 Tbsp ground flax seeds
- 5 Tbsp water
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp almond extract
- ¾ cup chickpea flour (also called gram flour)
- ½ cup gluten-free oat flour (or gluten-free oats ground up in your food processor)
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup dairy-free chocolate chips
- In a small pot, heat the blueberries and maple syrup together until the mixture just starts to bubble. Mash the blueberries with a fork to break them up a bit, then take the pot off the heat.
- In a large bowl, mix the mashed avocado, almond butter, ground flax seeds, water, vanilla and almond extracts. Stir well and let sit for 5 minutes to thicken, then stir in the blueberry mixture.
- Next, add the chickpea flour, oat flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and chocolate chips. Mix until just combined.
- Grease an 8×8" pan with some vegan butter, margarine, or olive oil, then pour in the cake batter. Bake at 350F for about 30-35 minutes until a knife inserted into the middle comes out mostly clean.
- Remove from the oven, let it sit to cool, then enjoy your moist piece of heavenly cake!
Did you make this? Please let me know by tagging @maitricooks on Instagram and leave a rating in the comments below. Happy cooking, and lots of love!
1 thought on “Chocolate Blueberry Avocado Cake (plant-based, gluten-free)”
So moist and tasty, we’re bringing it to our family’s Thanksgiving celebration this year!