Cheezy Kale Chips (plant-based, gluten-free)
Homemade kale chips are a quick and easy way to get everyone to eat their greens. We polished off 2 bunches of kale in one sitting the other day. These ones are dressed in olive oil, nutritional yeast, and salt for a cheesy flavor. You can add other spices like garlic or curry powder as you like. Crispy and addictive!For today's inspiration, here are the lyrics to a fun and silly Plum Village song: We’re all moving On a journey to nowhereTaking it easyTaking it slowNo more worriesNo need to hurryNothing to carryLet it all goWhat can you do to find a bit more ease and slowness in your day today?
- 1 bunch kale destemmed and leaves ripped into large chunks
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder or other spices (optional)
- Wash and thoroughly dry the torn kale leaves, then place them on a parchment-lined baking sheet in as close to a single layer as possible.
- Pour / sprinkle the olive oil, nutritional yeast, and salt over the kale, then mix it all in well with your hands so each leaf gets some coating.
- Bake at 300F for 10 minutes, then stir the kale around and rotate the pan in the oven. Bake for 10 more minutes, stir, then 10 more minutes, or until the leaves are nice and crisp but not burned.
- Serve your kale chips hot and fresh from the oven. They’re great for school-day snacks or munching any time of day really. I'm guessing they won’t stick around very long! Sending you lots of crispy, cheezy love on this beautiful day. ❤️
Did you make this? Tag @maitricooks on Instagram and leave a rating in the comments below. Lots of love! ❤️🤗🙏
6 thoughts on “Cheezy Kale Chips (plant-based, gluten-free)”
Instagram comment from Jessica: Looks amazing! 🔥🔥
Instagram comment from @jencooksplants: LOVE kale chips – and these look mouth watering! 🤤🤤🤤
@jencooksplants Thank you! I love all your inventive and colorful plant-based food too! 🤤
Instagram comment from @thetessa_marie: Looks delicious
@thetessa_marie Thank you so much! <3
The best afternoon snack! 🙂