Almond Ginger Greens (plant-based, gluten-free)
- 2 bunches collard greens or other leafy greens
- ½ cup smooth peanut butter or almond butter
- ¼ cup tamari or soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup or coconut sugar
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp powdered ginger
- ⅔ cup water
- Prepare the sauce: in a medium pot, mix the peanut butter, soy sauce, maple syrup, vinegar, ginger, and water. Heat over medium heat and whisk until it starts to bubble, then turn it off. It will be nice and thick but will get more runny when you add the greens.
- Wash, de-stem and chop the collards into bite-sized pieces.
- Add the collard greens to the sauce and stir over medium heat. The greens will wilt and coat nicely in the sauce. Cook just until greens are soft but still bright green. Serve warm.