Tofu Pad Thai (plant-based, gluten-free)
Tofu and noodles are always a favorite around here, so I wanted to share our vegan version of pad thai. The creamy peanut sauce is lovely, and you can add in any veggies you have on hand for a quick and delicious dinner.I'm working on finalizing my first cookbook today (coming soon!), so here is a reflection on finishing things…“Much of the stress that people feel doesn't come from having too much to do. It comes from not finishing what they've started.”― Leo Babauta, Zen to DoneDo you have anything you need to finish today? We can be project completion buddies. 🙂Wishing you a peaceful and nourishing day.
- 1 package rice noodles
Pad Thai Sauce
- ⅔ cup tamari
- ¼ cup rice vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 package extra-firm tofu, cut into chunks
- 1 red pepper, cut into thin slices
- 1 small head of broccoli, chopped into small pieces
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 cabbage or bunch of any greens like kale, collards, zucchini, chard, or the traditional bean sprouts
- ½ cup roasted cashew pieces
- 1 lemon, squeezed
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, and salt the water if desired. Add noodles and cook for the time specified on the package, then immediately rinse under cold water to stop the cooking.
- In a small bowl, mix the soy sauce, rice vinegar, coconut sugar, peanut butter, and cornstarch together to make the pad thai sauce.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat, then add olive oil, followed by the onion. Cook until softened and starting to brown, about 5 minutes.
- Next, add garlic, tofu, red pepper and the rest of the veggies, and cook for another 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the cooked noodles, sauce, and cashews to the mix. Toss and cook for another couple of minutes until everything is heated through. Squeeze fresh lemon over top and serve hot.
Did you make this? Please let me know by tagging @maitricooks on Instagram and leave any feedback on this recipe in the comments below. Happy cooking, and lots of love!
3 thoughts on “Tofu Pad Thai (plant-based, gluten-free)”
Pingback: 9 Nutritionally-Balanced Recipes to Keep You Happy and Healthy – Sustainable Living Dojo