Trenette al Pesto from Luca (plant-based, gluten-free option)
- 1 pound linguine or fettucine pasta (gluten-free if desired)
- 4 medium yellow potatoes, cut into cubes
- 1 pound green beans, chopped
- 45 basil leaves
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 pinch coarse salt
- 4 Tbsp vegan parmesan (recipe at https://maitricooks.com/2021/02/15/vegan-parmesan-with-4-ingredients-recipe-278/)
- 1 handful roasted almonds (recipe at https://maitricooks.com/2021/02/25/easy-dry-roasted-almonds-163-of-1000-sustainable-food-experiments/)
- 75 mL extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp water from the pasta, if needed to thin the pesto sauce
- In a food processor, put the basil leaves, garlic, salt, vegan parmesan, and roasted almonds. Blend until it's all broken down, then slowly drizzle in the olive oil to make a smooth paste. Add 1-2 Tbsp of water if needed to thin it out. Taste for salt and set aside.
- In a large pot, add the pasta, potatoes, and green beans all together into boiling water. Boil for the number of minutes specified on the package directions, then drain everything in a colander.
- Pour the pasta and veggies back in the large pot, then mix the pesto in with it. Serve hot and enjoy!