Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Oven temp 375F/190C
- 4 bananas, mashed
- ⅓ cup vegan butter (we like Miyoko's)
- ⅔ cup brown sugar
- 1 flax egg (mix 1 Tbsp ground flax seeds with 2 1/2 Tbsp water and sit in the fridge for 5 minutes)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup white flour
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup dairy-free chocolate chips
Prepare the batter
- In a large bowl, mix the mashed bananas, butter, brown sugar, flax egg, and vanilla.
- Stir in the baking soda, salt, and flours, followed by the chocolate chips.
- Divide the batter evenly into 12 paper-lined muffin cups.
- Bake at 375F for 18-20 minutes or until the tops are golden and spring back when touched, and a knife inserted into the biggest muffin comes out clean (although it might have a bit of melted chocolate on it from all the chocolate chips in this batter!)
- Enjoy your banana chocolate chip muffins fresh from the oven or freeze for future enjoyment. Lots of love! ❤️