Banana Ring Cake
- Oven temp 350F/175C
- 1 cup white flour
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- 2 ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ⅔ cup raisins
- ⅓ cup vegan butter or coconut oil plus extra for greasing the pan
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 2 Tbsp soy milk
- 2 flax eggs 2 tbsp ground flax seeds + 5 tbsp water, mixed and put in fridge for 5 minutes
- 1 tsp vanilla or almond extract
Make the batter
- In a medium bowl, mix the dry ingredients together, then add in the raisins and mix to coat them in the flour mixture.
- Separately, add the banana and wet ingredients together and mix well. You can blend the wet ingredients in a blender for extra smoothness, or mix by hand.
- Add the wet to the dry ingredients and mix until combined. The batter will be fairly thick, not runny.
Bake the cake
- Grease an 8″ ring/bundt pan, making sure to get some vegan butter or coconut oil into all the edges of the pan so the cake doesn’t stick.
- Pour the batter into the pan and spread it evenly around with a spatula.
- Bake at 350F for 40-45 minutes until the top of the cake is golden and a knife inserted into it comes out clean.
- Cool for 15 minutes in the pan, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely.
- Enjoy a slice of banana ring cake dusted with icing sugar or spread generously with peanut butter. ❤️