Banana milk is one of my favorite pick-me-up drinks when I want a light breakfast or a refreshing afternoon snack. So easy to throw together: just a banana, soy milk, some greens powder, and vanilla. If you have a blender and 3 minutes, you can make this too!
For today’s meditation, here are Thich Nhat Hanh’s four mantras for loving relationships. If you or a loved one is suffering, you can practice saying these things. You can say them to yourself or to your loved one:
- Darling, I am here for you.
- I know you are here, and I am very happy.
- I know you are suffering. That is why I am here for you.
- I am suffering. Please help me.
If you are able to sit with yourself or your loved one with genuine kindness and presence and say these things, it can open up new possibilities for connection, compassion, and reconciliation. If it doesn’t work, don’t worry – you or your loved one might just need more time. Try again later on.
Wishing you many wonderful connecting experiences in your life!
I hope you enjoy this recipe, which is part of our 1,000 Food Experiments to create sustainable meals for our family and yours.
Ingredients ($1.25 for a large glass)
1 banana – $0.19
1 1/2 cups soy milk (or your favorite plant-based milk) – $0.56
1 tsp supergreens powder – $0.25
1 tsp vanilla – $0.20
Nutmeg/maple syrup for garnishing on top (optional)
Directions for Banana Milk
1. In a blender, mix all the ingredients. Blend until smooth.
2. Pour into a large glass. Taste and adjust to your own desire for flavor (a sprinkling of nutmeg, a drizzle of maple syrup…)
Enjoy your green banana milk and your own loving presence! ❤️🤗
Sustainability Score (explained here)
- Time to make: 3 = <1 hour
- Servings: 1 = <4 servings
- Cost per serving: 3 = <$5
- Deliciousness: 3 = when are we having this again?
- Environmental impact: 3 = minimal damage
- Nutritional value: 3 = optimal nutrition
- TOTAL: 16/18
If any of you amazing lovelies tried it, or have other recipes you’d like us to experiment with, please let me know. Wishing you and your family a healthy, happy day!