Mango coconut smoothies are an easy way to start the day with fruit and energy. For this tropical treat, you just throw some frozen mango and coconut milk in a blender, mix, and top it with anything you have on hand – we had some coconut whipped cream and fresh blueberries. It’s like being on vacation at home!
This is part of our 1,000 Food Experiments to create sustainable meals for our family and hopefully yours.
Ingredients ($2.50 for 1 large or 3 small smoothies)
2 cups frozen mango chunks – $1.25
1 cup coconut milk (or to desired thickness) – $1.33
Optional garnishes: coconut whipped cream and blueberries
Directions for Mango Coconut Smoothies
1. In your blender, mix the mango and coconut milk until smooth. Pour into one or more of your favorite glasses, then top with any garnishes you have on hand, like coconut whipped cream and fresh blueberries. Enjoy the creamy sweetness of your mango coconut smoothies!
Sustainability Score (explained here)
- Time to make: 3 = <1 hour
- Servings: 1 = 1-3 servings
- Cost per serving: 3 = <$5
- Deliciousness: 3 = when are we having this again?
- Environmental impact: 3 = minimal damage
- Nutritional value: 3 = optimal nutrition
- TOTAL: 16/18
If any of you lovely readers tried it, or have other recipes you’d like us to experiment with, please let me know. Wishing you and your family a healthy, happy day!