Here’s a refreshing summer snack if you have some fresh strawberries to use up. Mix them with some frozen mango, non-dairy ice cream, and soy milk, and voila – a bright and nutritious treat of strawberry mango smoothie. 🙂
This is part of our 1,000 Food Experiments to create sustainable meals for our family and hopefully yours.
Ingredients ($5.50 total)
8-10 fresh strawberries – $4.00
1/2 cup frozen mango – $0.62
1 scoop non-dairy vanilla ice cream – $0.50
1/2 cup soy milk – $0.19
Directions for Strawberry Mango Smoothie
1. Put all the ingredients in your blender, blend until smooth, and enjoy!
Sustainability Score (explained here)
- Time to make: 3 = < 1 hour
- Servings: 1 = < 3 servings
- Cost per serving: 2 = $5-10
- Deliciousness: 3 = when are we having this again?
- Environmental impact: 3 = minimal damage
- Nutritional value: 3 = optimal nutrition
- TOTAL: 15/18
If any of you amazing cooks tried it, or have other recipes you’d like us to experiment with, please let me know. Wishing you and your family a healthy, happy day!