My daughter Megan is turning into the family saucier – the sauce chef. Here is a fast French dressing she made that was inspired by Rozanne. All ages enjoyed it on our lunchtime salads. Thanks Megan!
This is part of our 1,000 Food Experiments to create sustainable meals for our family and hopefully yours.
Ingredients ($2 total to make enough for several salads)
2 tbsp apple cider vinegar – $0.54
2 tbsp honey – $0.28
1/4 cup ketchup – $0.25
1 tsp mustard – $0.08
1/3 cup olive oil – $0.60
1 tsp garlic powder – $0.28
2 tbsp water – free
Salt and pepper to taste
Directions for Fast French Dressing
1. In a medium bowl, whisk all the ingredients together. Taste and adjust for salt/pepper as needed. Serve over your favorite salad or veggies. Store extra dressing in the fridge. And that’s it! 🙂
Sustainability Score (explained here)
- Time to make: 3 = <1 hour
- Servings: 3 = lots of leftovers
- Cost per serving: 3 = <$5
- Deliciousness: 3 = when are we having this again?
- Environmental impact: 3 = minimal damage
- Nutritional value: 2 = healthy-ish
- TOTAL: 17/18
If any of you amazing cooks tried it, or have other recipes you’d like us to experiment with, please let me know. Wishing you and your family a healthy, happy day!