This is our take on a traditional dessert you could find in Morocco. We tried it out as an after-school snack today, and it was a big hit! Clementine oranges are in season now, and cinnamon sugar is always a favorite around here. What’s not to love about cinnamon sugar oranges? Thanks to Christine for inspiration!
This is part of our 1,000 Food Experiments to create sustainable meals for our family and hopefully yours.
Ingredients ($0.52 total)
2 clementines – $0.40
1 tbsp sugar – $0.06
1 tsp cinnamon – $0.06
1. Peel and separate the clementines into any pattern you like on your plate.
2. In a small bowl, mix the sugar and cinnamon together until well combined.
3. Sprinkle the cinnamon sugar over the oranges, and enjoy your little slice of Morocco!
Sustainability Score (explained here)
- Time to make: 3 = <1 hour
- Servings: 1 = <4 servings
- Cost per person (prices based on Trader Joe’s/Costco): 3 = <$5
- Deliciousness: 3 = when are we having this again?
- Environmental impact: 2 = moderate impact
- Nutritional value: 2 = healthy-ish
- TOTAL: 14/18
If you tried it, please let me know how it came out for you. Wishing you and your family a healthy, happy day!